- RSS Channel Showcase 3143653
- RSS Channel Showcase 6682377
- RSS Channel Showcase 6089900
- RSS Channel Showcase 3977693
Articles on this Page
- 05/27/16--20:57: _Looking for close h...
- 05/28/16--08:28: _GX280 to GX270 tran...
- 05/28/16--17:26: _Power Supply Fan co...
- 05/28/16--18:23: _windows 19 upgrade ...
- 05/27/16--23:41: _Wifi problems with ...
- 05/28/16--01:53: _Orange light on XPS...
- 05/28/16--06:20: _2nd hd for inspiron...
- 05/28/16--12:47: _DELL XPS 18 1810 w...
- 05/28/16--14:54: _Dell Inspiron 630s ...
- 05/28/16--15:08: _Touch screen functi...
- 05/28/16--16:51: _(Redirected) Alienw...
- 05/29/16--07:19: _Dell Inspiron 531S ...
- 05/29/16--14:38: _Please help...NO SO...
- 05/29/16--14:57: _Hmm, we can't reach...
- 05/29/16--20:30: _Optiplex 3040 SFF U...
- 05/29/16--20:31: _raid mirror on xps ...
- 05/30/16--01:32: _Olivetti PR2 on USB...
- 05/30/16--03:06: _Cannot boot to DVD...
- 05/30/16--00:08: _Sustainable Desktop
- 05/30/16--07:40: _Error: 0xc00000e9
- 05/27/16--20:57: Looking for close hardware matches to Optiplex GX270 & 755 units
- 05/28/16--08:28: GX280 to GX270 transplant
- 05/28/16--17:26: Power Supply Fan constantly running -- PLEASE HELP!
- 05/28/16--18:23: windows 19 upgrade locked me out
- 05/27/16--23:41: Wifi problems with Windows 10
- 05/28/16--01:53: Orange light on XPS 8500
- 05/28/16--06:20: 2nd hd for inspiron 3252
- 05/28/16--12:47: DELL XPS 18 1810 will not boot
- 05/28/16--14:54: Dell Inspiron 630s Desktop Help
- 05/28/16--15:08: Touch screen functionality of my XPS2720
- 05/28/16--16:51: (Redirected) Alienware X51 R2 factory restore
- 05/29/16--07:19: Dell Inspiron 531S Desktop Help
- 05/29/16--14:57: Hmm, we can't reach this page
- 05/29/16--20:30: Optiplex 3040 SFF USB and HDMI problems - can anybody confirm these?
- 05/29/16--20:31: raid mirror on xps 8900
- 05/30/16--01:32: Olivetti PR2 on USB go offline after restart PC(Dell 7020)
- 05/30/16--03:06: Cannot boot to DVD...
- 05/30/16--00:08: Sustainable Desktop
- 05/30/16--07:40: Error: 0xc00000e9
I'm trying to help a company who has standardized their shop to use both the Optiplex GX270 and 755. I'm hoping to find other models that are close enough (or even exact hardware matches) that they can use the hard drive image from a 270 or 755 interchangeably with it. For example, I seem to remember than another Optiplex (maybe the 170L) is an exact match to the GX270. Does anyone know if that's correct? Or do you have a memory of a 260 or 280 (or anything else) being able to run a 270's hard drive? Same question on the 755 - are either the 745 or 760 (or maybe another non-similar model number like a 330) a close enough hardware match that using an image from a 755 is possible?
Thanks in advance for any help.
I have depended on various configurations of the GX270 for years and consider it a work horse of a computer. I have several of these boxes in various stages of bootability.
Recently a friend who was still using a GX280 for some side applications had a motherboard failure. The HDD from the failed GX280 seems to be fine and he has some irreplaceable apps on the system.
I know these boxes were very similar so in my ignorance i tried swapping his system drive into one of my spare boxes, without success.
So the question is, is it at all feasible with some tinkering to get a GX280 system HDD to boot a GX270? If so where do I start?
TIA for any info or ideas.
I just reverted back to Windows 7 after Windows 10 was sneakily loaded onto my system as a "recommended update" (not cool, BTW, Microsoft). I have an older system, and I know after scanning my Dell on the Drivers site, it was not recommended to keep Windows 10.
Well, now my power fan constantly runs. I've disabled/uninstalled/removed EVERYTHING I can find that's not essential to the system. My CPU usage is a low 4% or LESS at all times, yet the fan runs like mad. It's running right now ... and I'm only using Firefox. <sigh>
Any and all advice would be helpful. Note: I'm not a HUGELY computer-literate person. I know how to disconnect the wires, open the back, blow out all the dust. That's about it. Removing components is not an option. I'm just wondering if there's any "hidden" *** that might have been tinkered with due to the (imo, ILLEGAL) installation of Windows 10 and the subsequent downgrading to Windows 7 (which was great!).
Also, I run/ran some pretty CPU-heavy programs (WoW, Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls), and the fan NEVER ran the way it does now. I feel like that's saying something.
Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 560 i bought on 06/10/2011, I upgraded to windows 10 using free upgrade download, I am and have been locked out of windows because it asks me for sign in password. i tried the password i used for years and it says password wrong, it gives me a password hint that has nothing to do with old password, it says i can insert password reset dick which i don't have. my service tag is [Admin NOTE: Service tag removed per TOU policy] please help i have been without my computer for sometime now
I have a new Dell Inspiron 3650 i5 preloaded with Windows 10 (which I like).
However, following a recent update the Wifi keeps fading, disappearing all together and when the Desktop is turned on it regularly cannot connect at all and cannot find any Wifi networks to connect to at all. If I leave it running it eventually connects, but still fades in and out making internet surfing erratic and email downloads lock out frequently. I know its not the Wifi router because I have my trusty old Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 7 sitting on the desk next to the Desktop and its Wifi connection is absolutely fine and sound. I have tried unticking the power saver option as mentioned on some Windows 10 forums but it makes no difference. I also notice that my Google link no longer works (moved away from Edge as I couldn't stand the adverts / news feed. Can someone help me as W10 came with the system so Dell must be aware of the issue?
I have a 2012 XPS 8500 and when I shut it down, after a couple of seconds of stopping, the power button turns to an orange light. Sometimes when I go to restart the PC it is slow to respond or I have to press the button a couple of times. The PC seems to run OK but a couple of times it did shut off suddenly.
I ran the diagnostics but every time it starts to go through the various tests the PC switches off immediately. Please can someone tell me what the orange light is telling me and what I need to do. The PC is no longer under warranty.
how to add a 2nd HD to inspiron 3252 to recover data from my dead dell?
XPS 18 1810
OS Win 10 home
Previously, the XPS was blinking white color with or without power. I disconnected the battery and the BIOS battery and reconnected them again. That solved it.
I worked on it for 1 day, shut it down and disconnected it from the power. The next day the XPS 18 will not boot and no signal what so ever, with or without power attached. No stand light indicator, no sound bleep or whatever, no van. Dead.
Any help is appreciated.
"When plugged in the light is orange"
AC adapter is connected and battery is charging
Solid amber color = Computer is ON
Breathing amber color (slow blinking) = Sleep mode
Fast blinking amber color = Low battery
Solid amber color = Computer is OFF
"when unplugged the light is white"
Battery with no AC adapter connected
Solid white color = Computer is ON
Breathing white color (slow blinking) = Sleep mode
Fast blinking amber color = Low battery
Light is off = Computer is OFF
Both mean the computer is on? So bad integrated Intel HD video.
I turn the computer on and the led flashes and turns blue and quickly turns off. I have tried other outlets around my house and as well as other houses and they all give me the same result. The PC tries to boot for about 3 seconds and then turns off right away in case if that helps specify something
The touch screen function of my XPS2720 doesn't work even after updating the bios. the diagnosis says there is no pen and touch support.
Hello, I purchased a used Alien ware desktop today and when I returned home found out that it was never restored. The store that I bought it from is closed until Tuesday. The previous owners log in info is still on the pc and I can not get in to restore it. So I am needing help to restore it from start up. I have googled it and found to do ctrl and F11, i tried, then i tried F8 and also F12. I can not get this system to bring up the restore options. Can someone please help me?
I turn on the computer but it turns off right away. The blue light flashes but quickly goes out. I have tried different outlets as well. What parts need replacement?
I am trying to fix young grandson's computer. He bought a refurbished Dell Optiplex 760 with Win7. He did not have any sound speaker installed so do not know if he had sound then. His mother upgraded from win7 to win10. Later when she plugged in a speaker there was no sound. The Device Manager shows yellow thingy indicating PCI serial port. I assume this means it is missing that driver.
I have been going in circles trying to find this PCI driver. Dell's site does not have this driver for win10. I did find 1 or 2 sites that I THINK had it, but was unable to open. All kinds of red tape and wanting me to pay for it etc. One had a .rar file extension that would not open no mater what I tried. I thought winzip could do it... but no.
I have tried unsuccessfully for several hours! Can anyone provide a driver download or at least a link to exact link where I won't get caught in a crazy maze to open it? I appreciate any help you can give.
I have Windows 10 and get the following message repeatedly when accessing the internet. How can I fix this issue?
Hmm, we can't reach this page.
Hi, I bought an optiplex 3040 Small form factor machine running win7 initially but I restored windows 10 on it. i've had it only 2 days now, but I have detected two problems alarming - I'm trying to find information on whether they are common problems with this model or I have a faulty unit:
1) I have a USB2.0 3.5" HDD dock (with its own power supply) that when connected on any USB port and whaving any HD docked, after a couple minutes will start disconnecting and reconnecting in rapid succession. On other computers the dock is running rock solid stable. I'd worry that it might be my particular 3040, but I've read that Windows 8.1/10 has this issue. The event viewer doesn't show anything abnormal, other than a warning with ID 51: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DRx during a paging operation.
Anybody who could comment on that?
2) I realized that if I try re-connecting the HDMI plug while the machine is on (eg disconnect it and then reconnect it), it will cause the system to instantly reboot - this is reproducible inside windows, inside the bios or while memtest86 is running (booting from a USB thumb). I'm driving a VGA monitor with a small belkin VGA-to-HDMI adapter, and the problem will appear even if the VGA cable is not connected at the other end of the adapter.
My guess is that the HDMI plug when inserted short-circuits the machine. While this is not a huge problem (I could make sure to shutdown the computer before unplugin/plugging in a monitor) it makes me wonder if my machine is faulty and I should have it replaced/fixed, or if this is a fault with all optiplex 3040 SFF units.
Your personal experience and feedback regarding these issues would be greatly appreciated!
interested in confirming before i buy an xps 8900 with I7 6700 at 4ghz and 32 gb ram that the unit support raid mirroring through intel matrix storage. is there is specific model i need to to look for do all xps unit support raid.
we have connected Olivetti PR2 on USB to Dell7020.
After BIOS update to last version A09 when we restart PC, printer is OFFLINE.
When we get it online printer is not working. We must TURN OFF an ON, then it print OK.
On version A02 all is working with no problem.
Hello, i've got a Alienware X51. I want to boot to the windows 8.1 installation DVD of Dell but i cannot boot it after pressing F12 with uefi secure boot one mode(default mode).
I am a dutch student who is researching how we can achieve a more sustainable school. I would like to know which computer is the most sustainable. We now have the Dell Optiplex 3010 and the Dell Optiplex 3020. Which one is more sustainable or would it be better if we would use another type of desktop?
Job van Essen
I have a Dell Inspiron 580 desktop. Unfortunately I upgraded to Windows 10 and it's been messed up since then but I was unable to go back to Windows 7. Now this a.m. when I turned on the computer I got a blue screen - at the top it says:
Says computer need to be repaired, hit enter or F8 for startup instructions.
When I do that nothing happens - it just goes back to the blue screen. Is this computer done or what? Any advice welcomed. Thanks!